There are many opportunities to be an active part of the community from small to large. Below is a monthly listing of small areas that people can take part on an occasional basis. “Many hands make light work.”
Vacation Bible School:
Tell a story, lead games, help with a craft, take pictures, lead a class, help in kitchen, take photos.
Yard Work: Water flowers, weed gardens, mow lawn (riding tractor.)
Children’s Church: Do a kitchen activity or teach a craft with children, offer a spare pair of hands to leaders during children’s church.
Fall Supper: Bake pies, prepare and/or donate food items, serve dinner, set-up and clean-up, operate the dish-washer.
Casseroles, Carols, Cookies, Candles, Crafts (1st Sunday in Advent)
: Help in the kitchen, prepare a craft, donate cookies.
Sweep snow from path
Occasional Opportunities to help
- Secretarial Duties Supply (paid position)
- Receive or dispense flowers (Annual Plant Sale)
- Light or extinguish candles (Christmas, Lent)
- Be a presence for renters (Event coordinator – honorarium)
- Brew Sunday coffee; put cups in dishwasher
- Read a scripture lesson in worship
- Serve Communion
- Welcome at the door
- Advance slides for worship or funeral, etc.
- Provide baking for special occasions, such as the Mothers’ Day Tea
- Set-up/take down tables and chairs for an event
- Move chairs for carpet cleaning, floor polishing, etc.
- Play your musical instrument
UCiM Volunteer Form
Click here to download this file. (PDF)